Moon Newfoundland & Labrador (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Awe-inspiring icebergs, clifftop lighthouses, and rare fossils: experience the magic of Canada's eastern province with Moon Newfoundland & Labrador. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries for weekend getaways or spending two weeks in Newfoundland and Labrador with strategic advice for families, outdoor adventurers, and history buffs
- Top experiences: Visit an active archaeological dig or learn about the history and local art of the province while touring The Rooms cultural center. Chow down on fresh crab claws, chowder, and pie made with locally grown berries. Drive the Irish Loop for with stunning coastal views, maritime history, and wildlife-watching, and wind down at a cozy neighborhood pub
- Best outdoor adventures: Trek through hilly evergreen forests alongside moose, foxes, and caribou. Watch for whales on a cruise or search the sky for soaring eagles, ospreys, and puffins. Embark on a multi-day backpacking adventure through the UNESCO-protected Gros Morne National Park. Kayak to the remote wilderness of Torngat Mountains National Park or scuba dive in shipwreck-filled coves, and settle down for a night under the starry sky at a lakeside campsite
- Expert advice from Canadian Andrew Hempstead on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the environment, culture, and history
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Wandering the streets of St. John's, hiking in Terra Nova National Park, and driving the Irish Loop-Andrew Hempstead has done all of this and more.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew spends as much time as possible out on the road. During his travels, he experiences the many and varied delights of Newfoundland and Labrador the same way his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.