Moon Santa Fe, Taos & Albuquerque (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Experience the art installations, adobe pueblos, and rugged high desert trails of the Land of Enchantment. Inside Moon Santa Fe, Taos & Albuquerque you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries for art-lovers, outdoors enthusiasts, families, and more, including weekend getaways to each of the three cities
- Year-round outdoor adventures: Race down the slopes of Taos Ski Valley or mountain bike through stands of piñon and juniper near Santa Fe. Hike through thick alpine forests, raft the wild rapids of the Rio Grande Gorge, or capture the best view in New Mexico from a hot air balloon. Wander around the archeological sites and cave apartments of Bandelier National Monument, spot elk in Valles Caldera National Preserve, or trek alongside ancient rock carvings at Petroglyph National Monument
- Top experiences and unique activities: Mingle with local artists in the vibrant galleries of Santa Fe, visit Georgia O'Keefe's studio at Ghost Ranch, and experience peak relaxation at a world-class spa. Observe a traditional dance ceremony at a pueblo, admire handmade art and jewelry at the Santa Fe Indian Market, and learn about Native American history at one of the region's many cultural museums
- Tastes of the Southwest: Dive into traditional New Mexican dishes drenched in spicy red and green chile sauces or indulge in a juicy green chile cheeseburger. Sip on a sunset margarita at a mellow open-air bar or taste local spirits in a trendy cocktail lounge. Take a culinary tour of Santa Fe's growing food truck scene or explore Albuquerque's lively beer culture
- Expert insight from Santa Fe local Steven Horak
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and traveling in New Mexico
- Vibrant full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
When Steven Horak uprooted his life in New York City to move to Santa Fe, he wasn't quite sure what to expect, beyond a new home that would be very different from his old one. Even after a few years in New Mexico, his life is still an adventure. Each day begins and ends with views of the awe-inspiring Sangre de Cristo mountains, which serve as a constant reminder of what makes high desert living so special.
Steven's wanderlust began during a year studying abroad at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, England. Since then he has traveled extensively, contributing to travel guidebooks on Canada, Costa Rica, and the Czech Republic, among others. He also works as a journalist, communications specialist, and photographer.