The Lathe Book 3rd Edition: A Complete Guide to the Machine and Its Accessories (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Completely revised and updated, The Lathe Book, 3rd Edition is the definitive guide to this essential turning machine written by legendary woodturning author, teacher, and lathe designer Ernie Conover. In the 17 years since the 2nd edition came out, there have been tremendous advances in lathes, accessories, and sharpening equipment. Conover brings this classic reference book up-to-date, incorporating the many recent innovations in the lathe and its accessories.
- Introduces the novice or professional woodturner to the expanded range of lathes now available, including invaluable information on choosing a lathe.
- Features many new chucks for holding work.
- Offers comprehensive advice on selecting turning tools, including the popular carbide-insert tools.
- Outlines the groundbreaking developments in sharpening equipment.
- Emphasizes the importance of full-face shield protection, hearing protection, and dust collection.
- Includes information on basic lathe maintenance.