Meat: The Ultimate Cookbook (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
On Our Shelves Now
Meat: The Ultimate Cookbook is the definitive guide to preparing meat.
What is better than that first bite of a succulent steak prepared to perfection as a rush of dopamine overcomes your senses? Meat has been part of every culture since we learned to hunt. Competitions have ensued to determine who has the best meat recipe around. Many partys find attendees hanging out around grills waiting for the perfect main course to be ready. This is the only cookbook the omnivore in your life will need, and inside you will find:
- Over 300 mouthwatering, internationally inspired easy-to-follow meat recipes
- Chapters designed specifically for beef, pork, lamb, goat, wild game (like venison), and poultry
- Gorgeous original photography that brings the recipes to life
- Inteviews with notable farmers and chefs
- Butchering techniques
- A guide to brines, rubs, and sauces
- Sides, salads, and accompaniments that take your meat to the next level
No matter if you are using the oven, grill, Dutch oven, or a skillet, chef and restaurateur Keith Sarasin details how best to respect the hard work and energy required to bring meat from the fields to the table.
About the Author
Chef Keith Sarasin's love for food was developed at a young age when he would cook for his mother using old cookbooks that were given to him by his grandmother. He began his culinary career at the age of 15, working at a local sub shop washing dishes and making sandwiches. As the years went on he worked his way up through the restaurant ranks, from Sous Chef to Executive Chef. Sarasin was a private chef before founding The Farmers Dinner in 2012.