Aesop's Fables Heirloom Edition: The Classic Edition Hardcover with Slipcase and Ribbon Marker (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Revive your childhood wonder and fascination with the most exquisite keepsake edition of Aesop’s Fables —featuring breathtaking original artwork by #1 New York Times bestselling illustrator Charles Santore!
Captivating the hearts and minds of kids and adults for generations, Aesop, a former Greek slave, developed simple and meaningful adventures featuring animals or insects to teach a moral standard or lesson for living. The most well known and well loved of Aesop's fables are included here:
- The Hare and the Tortoise
- The Lion and the Mouse
- The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
- The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
This Heirloom Edition:
- Is great for children ages 4 - 8
- Perfect for family read-alouds or story at bedtime
- Comes with a beautiful slipcase and ribbon marker
- Features a large fold out illustration
- Lavish illustrations by renowned, New York Times #1 Bestselling artist Charles Santore, the critically-acclaimed illustrator of multiple classic tales, including The Velveteen Rabbit, and The Classic Tale of Peter Rabbit, and The Night Before Christmas
- Makes a great keepsake, holiday, Advent, or Christmas gift
Charles Santore’s work has been widely exhibited in museums and celebrated with recognitions such as the prestigious Hamilton King Award, the Society of Illustrators Award of Excellence, and the Original Art 2000 Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators. He is best known for his luminous interpretations of classic children’s stories, including The Little Mermaid, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Snow White, and The Wizard of Oz.
About the Author
Aesop was a Greek fabulist and storyteller credited with a number of fables now collectively known as Aesop's Fables.
Charles Santore renowned illustrations have been widely exhibited in museums and celebrated with recognitions such as the prestigious Hamilton King Award, the Society of Illustrators Award of Excellence, and the Original Art 2000 Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators. Santore is best known for his luminous interpretations of classic children’s stories such as Snow White, The Night Before Christmas and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s Paul Revere’s Ride, which was named 2004 Children’s Book of the Year for Poetry by the Bank Street College Children’s Book Committee. His illustrations for The Wizard of Oz, which is widely considered to be the quintessential illustrated version, were used as the scenic backdrops for a major television performance of the work.