Beyond Behaviors: Using Brain Science and Compassion to Understand and Solve Children's Behavioral Challenges (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
A NEW approach to solving behavioral challenges.
In Beyond Behaviors, internationally known pediatric psychologist, Dr. Mona Delahooke describes behaviors as the tip of the iceberg, important signals that we should address by seeking to understand a child's individual differences in the context of relational safety.
Featuring impactful worksheets and charts, this accessible book offers professionals, educators and parents tools and techniques to reduce behavioral challenges and promote psychological resilience and satisfying, secure relationships.
Neuroscience-based effective tools and strategies for children labeled with:
- Conduct Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Anxiety & Depression
- Autism & Developmental or Learning Differences
And children who experience or have experienced:
- Aggressive, confusing or unpredictable behaviors
- Tantrums and meltdown
- Disconnection or shutdown
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Trauma and toxic stress