Lonely Planet Pidgin Phrasebook & Dictionary 4 (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Lonely Planet PidginPhrasebook & Dictionary is your passport to the most relevant phrases and vocab for all your travel needs. Get more from your multi-country trip with easy-to-find phrases for you to meet new people, help you celebrate in traditional festivities, or order food -all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Coverage Includes: Bislama, Pijin and Tok Pisin
Organised by language, this one-stop resource makes travelling through multiple countries simple. With each language you can:
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 400-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Pidgin Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Full-colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Language map for quick reference
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, pronunciations, reading tips, grammar rules, common language difficulties
- Practical - sightseeing, banking, post office, phones, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, culture, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies
- Food - ordering, at-the-market, at- the-bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice:Lonely Planet Pidgin Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized, comprehensive multi-language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Trevor Balzer, Dr Ernie Lee, Peter Muhlhausler, Paul Monaghan, Denise Angelo, Dana Ober.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages.
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)