Magento 2 Beginners Guide: Creating a successful e-commerce website with Magento (Paperback)
Discover what you need to know to build your own profitable online stores using the power of Magento 2
- Set up and manage your very first online store with a friendly and engaging approach using Magento 2
- Create your own shipping rates matrix and connect to shippers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS
- Create reports to track store sales, customer activity, and statistics
Do you have a good product to sell but need your start-up to sell it to your potential customers the right way? Were you unhappy with what Magento 1 had to offer and are looking forward to trying out what Magento 2 provides? If either of these questions ring a bell, then this book is for you You'll start by getting a general understanding of what Magento is, why and how you should use it, and whether it is possible and feasible to migrate from an old web store to Magento 2.
We'll introduce you to the main e-commerce concepts and basic features and let you play with them, so you can get a taste of how catalog and content management works. Following on from that, we'll show you how to tune your store up. You will learn how to get web store offers up and running, how to offer various discounts in the catalog, how to let the customers reduce the total price in the shopping cart by combining different products, and how to generate coupon codes that customers can use. Finally, we'll get serious and turn your plaything into a real web store, teaching you how to run it for real.
What you will learn
- Build your first web store in Magento 2
- Migrate your development environment to a live store
- Configure your Magento 2 web store the right way, so that your taxes are handled properly
- Create pages with arbitrary content
- Create and manage customer contacts and accounts
- Protect Magento instance admin from unexpected intrusions
- Set up newsletter and transactional emails so that communication from your website corresponds to the website's look and feel
- Make the store look good in terms of PCI compliance