Industrial Cybersecurity - Second Edition: Efficiently monitor the cybersecurity posture of your ICS environment (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Get up and running with industrial cybersecurity monitoring with this hands-on book, and explore ICS cybersecurity monitoring tasks, activities, tools, and best practices
- Architect, design, and build ICS networks with security in mind
- Perform a variety of security assessments, checks, and verifications
- Ensure that your security processes are effective, complete, and relevant
With Industrial Control Systems (ICS) expanding into traditional IT space and even into the cloud, the attack surface of ICS environments has increased significantly, making it crucial to recognize your ICS vulnerabilities and implement advanced techniques for monitoring and defending against rapidly evolving cyber threats to critical infrastructure. This second edition covers the updated Industrial Demilitarized Zone (IDMZ) architecture and shows you how to implement, verify, and monitor a holistic security program for your ICS environment.
You'll begin by learning how to design security-oriented architecture that allows you to implement the tools, techniques, and activities covered in this book effectively and easily. You'll get to grips with the monitoring, tracking, and trending (visualizing) and procedures of ICS cybersecurity risks as well as understand the overall security program and posture/hygiene of the ICS environment. The book then introduces you to threat hunting principles, tools, and techniques to help you identify malicious activity successfully. Finally, you'll work with incident response and incident recovery tools and techniques in an ICS environment.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained a solid understanding of industrial cybersecurity monitoring, assessments, incident response activities, as well as threat hunting.
What You Will Learn:
- Monitor the ICS security posture actively as well as passively
- Respond to incidents in a controlled and standard way
- Understand what incident response activities are required in your ICS environment
- Perform threat-hunting exercises using the Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) stack
- Assess the overall effectiveness of your ICS cybersecurity program
- Discover tools, techniques, methodologies, and activities to perform risk assessments for your ICS environment
Who this book is for:
If you are an ICS security professional or anyone curious about ICS cybersecurity for extending, improving, monitoring, and validating your ICS cybersecurity posture, then this book is for you. IT/OT professionals interested in entering the ICS cybersecurity monitoring domain or searching for additional learning material for different industry-leading cybersecurity certifications will also find this book useful.