Jumpstart Jamstack Development: Build and deploy modern websites and web apps using Gatsby, Netlify, and Sanity (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Leverage Jamstack principles, techniques, and best practices to build dynamic websites and web apps focused on speed, security, and accessibility
- Gain a solid understanding of static site development with Gatsby and its importance in Jamstack
- Find out how to deploy a Jamstack event website directly from GitHub using Netlify
Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts, practical examples, and self-assessment questions, you'll begin by building an event and venue schema structure, and then expand the functionality, exploring all that Jamstack has to offer. You'll learn how an example Jamstack is built, build structured content using a schema, use GraphQL to expose the content, and employ Gatsby to build an event website using page and template components. Lastly, you'll deploy the website to a Netlify server.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained the knowledge and skills you need to install, configure, build, extend, and deploy a simple events website by using the Jamstack.
What You Will Learn:
- Discover the Jamstack approach and build speedy, secure, and accessible websites and web apps with its component technologies
- Build an events website by using the Jamstack and the Gatsby static site generator
- Create and modify your templates and pages to build creative web apps
- Build, modify, and extend structured content schemas in Sanity
- Understand Gatsby plugins, project structure, and files, and how it can be used to build Jamstack apps
- Find out how GatsbyJS uses GraphQL to source content
Who this book is for: