C# 10 and .NET 6 - Modern Cross-Platform Development - Sixth Edition: Build apps, websites, and services with ASP.NET Core 6, Blazor, and EF Core 6 us (Paperback)
A comprehensive guide for beginners to learn the key concepts, real-world applications, and latest features of C# 10 and .NET 6 with hands-on exercises using Visual Studio 2022 and Visual Studio Code
- Explore the newest additions to C# 10, the .NET 6 class library, and Entity Framework Core 6
- Create professional websites and services with ASP.NET Core 6 and Blazor
- Build cross-platform apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android
Extensively revised to accommodate all the latest features that come with C# 10 and .NET 6, this latest edition of our comprehensive guide will get you coding in C# with confidence.
You'll learn object-oriented programming, writing, testing, and debugging functions, implementing interfaces, and inheriting classes. The book covers the .NET APIs for performing tasks like managing and querying data, monitoring and improving performance, and working with the filesystem, async streams, and serialization. You'll build and deploy cross-platform apps, such as websites and services using ASP.NET Core.
Instead of distracting you with unnecessary application code, the first twelve chapters will teach you about C# language constructs and many of the .NET libraries through simple console applications. In later chapters, having mastered the basics, you'll then build practical applications and services using ASP.NET Core, the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern, and Blazor.
What You Will Learn:
- Build rich web experiences using Blazor, Razor Pages, the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern, and other features of ASP.NET Core
- Build your own types with object-oriented programming
- Write, test, and debug functions
- Query and manipulate data using LINQ
- Integrate and update databases in your apps using Entity Framework Core, Microsoft SQL Server, and SQLite
- Build and consume powerful services using the latest technologies, including gRPC and GraphQL
- Build cross-platform apps using XAML
Who this book is for:
Designed for both beginners and C# and .NET programmers who have worked with C# in the past and want to catch up with the changes made in the past few years, this book doesn't need you to have any C# or .NET experience. However, you should have a general understanding of programming before you jump in.