Coding Roblox Games Made Easy - Second edition: Create, Publish, and Monetize your games on Roblox (Paperback)
Get started with building your first game on the Roblox platform
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in PDF format.
- Begin coding in Luau: build player avatars, battlefields, game physics, countdown timers and more
- Learn tips, tricks, best practices, and advanced Roblox coding techniques to create 3D games
- Join the book club to discuss queries, provide solutions, and ask Zander for advice on your games
"I read/worked through the book with my kids to build a game together and I highly recommend pre-teens, teens, and tweens to pick this up as their first book to coding games"
-James W. Y III, Technology Integration Specialist at Old Bridge Township Public Schools
"...a must-read, must-practice essential book for anyone getting started with building games on Roblox using Luau programming..."
-Frederic Markus, President, Feerik Games (Ex-Ubisoft, Nintendo, Rockstar, Disney, LucasArts, and Epic Games)
"..includes everything from Roblox Studio menus, the basics of the Luau scripting language, how to tie in real-world (or any world ) physics into your experience of marketing your game as well as some great ideas for where to go next."
-Jay Sebastian, Computer Scientist and Adjunct Lecturer in AI for Games and Simulation
Roblox isn't just popular; it's incredibly popular, featuring more than 54 million active players per day. Any experience imaginable can be created on Roblox.
Coding Roblox Games Made Easy, 2nd Edition, is a go-to guide for anyone at any age looking to get started with building a game on Roblox using Luau programming. In just about 300 pages, you'll learn the basics of Luau programming, build two end-to-end games, add customizations to finally publish and monetize them.
The bonus chapter '50 Cool Things to do in Roblox' is a perfect end to your learning journey with information nuggets presented with examples to save your time when coding, animating, building avatars, using Robux and so much more.
Join Zander, 19-year-old Roblox developer and programmer on this game-development journey and bring your ideas to life
What You Will Learn:
- Use Roblox Studio and other free resources
- Learn coding in Luau: basics, game systems, physics manipulation, etc
- Test, evaluate, and redesign to create bug-free and engaging games
- Use Roblox programming and rewards to make your first game
- Move from lobby to battleground, build avatars, locate weapons to fight
- Character selection, countdown timers, locate escape items, assign rewards
- Master the 3 Ms: Mechanics, Monetization, Marketing (and Metaverse)
- 50 cool things to do in Roblox
Who this book is for:
This book is for anyone interested in learning the fundamentals of Luau programming and Roblox Studio and needs direction to build and share games.
The book requires no prior knowledge of game development.