Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity - Seventh Edition: Get to grips with coding in C# and build simple 3D games in Unity 2022 from the ground u (Paperback)
Learn C# programming from scratch using Unity as a fun and accessible entry point with this updated edition of the bestselling series.
Includes invitation to join the online Unity Game Development community to read the book alongside peers, Unity developers/C# programmers and Harrison Ferrone.
- Develop a strong foundation of programming concepts and the C# language
- Become confident with Unity fundamentals and features in line with Unity 2022
- Build a playable game prototype in Unity-a working first-person shooter game prototype
It's the ability to write custom C# scripts for behaviors and game mechanics that really takes Unity the extra mile. That's where this book can help you as a new programmer
Harrison Ferrone, in this seventh edition of the bestselling series, will take you through the building blocks of programming and the C# language from scratch while building a fun and playable game prototype in Unity.
This book will teach you the fundamentals of OOPs, basic concepts of C#, and Unity engine with lots of code samples, exercises and tips to go beyond the book with your work.
You will write C# scripts for simple game mechanics, perform procedural programming, and add complexity to your games by introducing intelligent enemies and damage-dealing projectiles. You will explore the fundamentals of Unity game development, including game design, lighting basics, player movement, camera controls, collisions, and more with every passing chapter.
What You Will Learn:
- Understanding programming fundamentals by breaking them down into their basic parts
- Comprehensive explanations with sample codes of object-oriented programming and how it applies to C#
- Follow simple steps and examples to create and implement C# scripts in Unity
- Divide your code into pluggable building blocks using interfaces, abstract classes, and class extensions
- Grasp the basics of a game design document and then move on to blocking out your level geometry, adding lighting and a simple object animation
- Create basic game mechanics such as player controllers and shooting projectiles using C#
- Become familiar with stacks, queues, exceptions, error handling, and other core C# concepts
- Learn how to handle text, XML, and JSON data to save and load your game data
Who this book is for:
If you're a developer, programmer, hobbyist, or anyone who wants to get started with Unity and C# programming in a fun and engaging manner, this book is for you. You'll still be able to follow along if you don't have programming experience, but knowing the basics will help you get the most out of this book.