Climbing the Tree of Life: A Manual of Practical Magical Qabalah (Paperback)
CLIMBING THE TREE OF LIFE
A Manual of Practical Magickal Qabalah
Second Edition, Revised & Expanded, 2022]
By David Rankine
"Qabalah is a dynamic system of esoteric philosophy that explores the nature of divinity, the universe, the human soul, creation, the function of life and a whole range of other philosophical and metaphysical subjects.
Many people actually mean the Tree of Life glyph when they say Qabalah. The Tree of Life is the pictorial representation of Qabalistic thought, a concentrated image containing all the philosophical and magical concepts of Qabalah. However, strictly speaking, Qabalah is the whole tradition of thought, embodying a history of millennia of development and mystical experience, as well as the glyph.
Qabalah offers the student the opportunity to follow a well-defined and multi-layered map of consciousness expansion and self-integration, and balance. For this reason, it is no surprise that it is becoming increasingly popular today. Additionally, it is extremely compatible with many other schools of thought, often enabling existing beliefs and practices to be fitted harmoniously into Qabalistic ideas." - David Rankine
Subjects covered in this comprehensive volume include:
- The history and development of Qabalah
- The Tree of Life: The Four Worlds, Sephiroth, Three Pillars, Triads and Seven Palaces
- The Veils on the Tree of Life
- The Lightning Flash, Tzim-Tzum, Tetragrammaton, Adam Kadmon and Qliphoth
- The Shekinah and the Divine Feminine in Qabalah
- The Human Soul, Reincarnation and Guardian Angels
- Practical methods for working with the Tree of Life, the Gods, Archangels and the Planets
- Colour and Number Correspondences
- The Sephiroth, their symbols, temples and more.
- Ritual Techniques such as Pathworking, The Vibratory Formula, Divine Names, Fragrance, Magical Images, Assumption of Deity, The Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, License to Remain, Middle Pillar, Lightning Flash Affirmation, and how to structure Qabalistic Ritual.
- Talismans, including Kameas, Sigilisation, AIQ Beker and Planetary Timing.
- Also included: additional ideas for Qabalistic practices, including The Tree of Life Tarot Spread, further invocations and meditations, Permutation meditation on the Divine Name and using the Qabalah in daily life.