A Spring Season of Nature Poems for Catholic Children (Paperback)
Through the simple rhythm and rhyme of nature poems, our sense of wonder is aroused. Through time spent in the natural world, our reverence for the great Creator blossoms and grows. This poetical journey through the natural and liturgical season of spring will enable you and your children to practice natural prayer--communication with God through and with His natural world.
The purpose of this seasonal series of poetry books is to encourage you to take several simple steps:
- Read and discuss a short nature poem each day.
- Spend time daily in God's great outdoors.
- Enjoy reading aloud relevant picture books.
- Become a nature detective by exploring the wonders of nature's calendar--Phenology.
- Become a nature mentor.
- Understand the teachings of the Catholic Church on creation and natural prayer.
Through poetry and outside exploration, you and your entire family can deepen your relationship with our loving God. Begin today to ". . . exist for the praise of his glory . . ." (Ephesians 1:12).