A Little Family Business (Operation Quickline #8) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Operation Quickline series.
- #2: Stopleak (Operation Quickline #2) (Paperback): $14.99
- #3: Deceptive Appearances (Operation Quickline #3) (Paperback): $14.99
- #4: Fugue in a Minor Key (Operation Quickline #4) (Paperback): $12.99
- #6: These Hallowed Halls (Operation Quickline #6) (Paperback): $15.99
- #7: My Sweet Lisa (Operation Quickline #7) (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: Just Because You're Paranoid (Operation Quickline #9) (Paperback): $15.99
Life changes at the speed of light
After Lisa makes a disastrous pickup for Operation Quickline, the top-secret courier group that she and her partner Sid Hackbirn work for, she realizes it's time for her and Sid to get married. They're already re-building their house and have merged their assets. Sid's given up sleeping around.
But then the two have to take custody of Sid's son, Nick, after the boy's mother dies. Suddenly becoming full-time parents to an almost adolescent is hard enough. There's also getting a grieving and clingy Nick settled, planning a wedding with Lisa's mother intent on going hog-wild, and even finding someone to take care of the pets. Sid's and Lisa's lives have gotten far more complicated than either imagined.
And that's not counting their little side business. Thanks to the bad pickup, Sid and Lisa are ordered to find a missing operative and get embroiled in an arms-trading scheme. Worse yet, Nick figures out all too quickly that his dad and Lisa don't have a normal job, and it's not long before the spy business becomes a family thing, assuming they all can stay alive long enough.