Maayong Buntag!: An Introduction to the Visayan Language of the Philippines (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Maayong Buntag (Good Morning ) is an easy-to-use guide to the Visayan language (also known as Cebuano) - the language for millions of people of the central and southern Philippines, including the islands of Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Negros, Panay, Samar, and Mindanao.
Included is a wealth of information on:
- everyday life in the Philippines
- essential words and phrases (including a bonus section of Tagalog phrases for travelers)
- basics of Visayan grammar
- foods ranging from traditional favorites to popular street foods
- nature and environment
- health and medical terms
- numerous illustrations
- extensive glossaries of over 2,500 words for both English to Visayan and Visayan to English translations.