Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
This item is not available.
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
This updated ninth edition of the leading medical physical examination pocket guide available today provides concise, authoritative guidance on how to perform the patient interview, physical examination, and other core assessments. This trusted pocket-sized reference includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques, retaining the easy-to-follow two-column format that correlates examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right.
Now featuring an enhanced design, new content, and new student-friendly learning aids, Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, Ninth Edition, is the ideal quick-reference resource for today’s medical, PA, pharmacy, and nursing students.
- NEW! Expanded Unit 1 provides an overview of the components of the patient encounter and helps you ensure the most effective information-gathering and decision-making approaches.
- NEW! Algorithms provide helpful starting approaches for patients with common presenting symptoms.
- UPDATED! Restructured Regional Exam chapters enhance your understanding of overview material, examination techniques, and health promotion and counseling considerations.
- UPDATED! Photographs, illustrations, and references reinforce key content based on the latest evidence-based information.
- UPDATED! Text boxes are numbered to provide quick access to important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques.
- Detailed, highly illustrated tables of abnormal conditions display examination and clinical information in an easy-to-find, quick-reference format.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, including interactive diagrams, video tutorials, flashcards, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.