The Fitting Book: Make Sewing Pattern Alterations and Achieve the Perfect Fit You Desire (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Think of the moment you wear an outfit you have sewn for the first time. Think of how happy, proud, and accomplished you feel, all because it fits and you love it.
Many women struggle with the standard sizing of commercial or Indie sewing patterns, which often leads to fitting issues. This garment fitting guide will help you adjust sewing patterns to achieve the perfect fit you desire.
The Fitting Book has visual sketches and links to videos to help during each step of the 3-part fitting process.
Here's How it Works:
A) Identify the Fitting Issue.
B) Pin, Cut, & Tape the Fitting Sample.
C) Correct the Sewing Pattern.
It covers the following categories for pattern alterations:
- Full Bust Adjustments (FBA) - bodice alterations for princess seams, darts, no darts
- Small Bust Adjustments (SBA) - bodice alterations for princess seams, darts, no darts
- Armscye and sleeve alterations
- Front width, back, and shoulder pattern adjustments
- Neckline pattern corrections
- Basic skirt pattern alterations
- Fitting pants - this is my specialty and what I am known for in the industry
- Demystifying draglines (my secret to understanding diagonal draglines in garment fitting)
You will learn about terminology, abbreviations, pattern tools, and patternmaking supplies. The book shows how to use a hip curve, a French curve, and a clear ruler for patternmaking. The pattern corrections can be applied to womenswear, menswear, children's clothing, knit styles, and woven styles. The sketches within the book are black & white. Finally, you will learn about the customization scale in garment fitting and patternmaking.
If you are one of my 55,000+ followers on Instagram and Facebook, you may have seen my short fitting videos. For all the fitting alterations in this book, there are corresponding simple videos to reference through QR codes. The videos give you a quick visual of how to do each correction, so you never get stuck.
Stop wasting your time and money sewing clothes that don't fit well. Instead, sew the perfect-fitting clothes you dream of.