Matt Philipzen Cajón Book: For Newcomers, Intermediate Players & Pros: Including Audio CD & 65 Online Videos, Book & DVD with Online Videos (Paperback)
Matt Philipzen's Caj n Book is the author's most comprehensive caj n method to date, and is aimed at caj n newcomers, intermediate players, and pro drummers and percussionists. The focus is on the caj n as a drum set replacement. The Caj n Book answers the following burning questions:
- How do I transfer drum rhythms to the caj n?
- How do I transfer traditional and modern patterns to the caj n and use them in my music?
- Which stroke techniques best serve dynamic playing?
- How can I accompany songs on the caj n?
- Which accessories help me make my sound interesting and authentic with additional sounds and playing possibilities?
The i>Caj n Book covers five major topics:
- basics: fundamentals & tips
- sound & movements
- grooves & styles
- special sounds & add-ons
- techniques & phrasing.
Although the i>Caj n Book is not explicitly aimed at caj n beginners, it still covers preliminary knowledge regarding basic playing techniques and notation for those who want to learn how to play the caj n from scratch and who do not count reading music among their strengths. This approach is further supported by the online videos and CD play-alongs included in this package. We hope you enjoy discovering, practicing and implementing the many patterns, grooves, and techniques in Matt Philipzen's Caj n Book.