Swedish Frequency Dictionary - Intermediate Vocabulary: 2501-5000 Most Common Swedish Words (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
With this 2nd book in the series, you will increase your vocabulary from roughly CEFR A2+ up to CEFR B2+ level. This book is for intermediate students of Swedish, and meant for those who want to improve their Swedish further.
By knowing the most used 5.000 words, you will have a vocabulary comparable to an adult native speaker without higher education. You will be able to express yourself comfortably, and are able to understand 89% of all Swedish text, and 85% of all spoken Swedish.
It is not necessary to have read the 1st book in the series for you to enjoy this frequency dictionary. It can be used as a stand-alone tool, or in conjunction with any other language method.
This book contains:
- Swedish intermediate vocabulary, with English translations.
- Swedish vocabulary ranked by general frequency and alphabet.
- Frequency as part of speech (the most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc.)
- 2.500 Swedish to English example sentences.
Why Study By Frequency?
While it's important to note it's impossible to pin down these numbers and statistics with 100% accuracy, these are a global average of multiple sources. According to research, this is the amount of vocabulary needed for varying levels of fluency:
- 250 words: the essential core of a language. Without these words, you cannot construct sentences.
- 750 words: the words that are used every single day by every person who speaks the language.
- 2500 words: these words should enable you to express everything you could possibly want to say, although some creativity might be required.
- 5000 words: the active vocabulary of native speakers without higher education. You will understand 95% of all written texts.
- 10,000 words: the active vocabulary of native speakers with higher education.
- 20,000 words: the amount you need to recognize passively in order to read, understand, and enjoy a work of literature such as a novel by a notable author.
Keeping above facts in mind, the value of a frequency dictionary is immense. At least, that is if you want to become fluent in a language fast. Study the most frequent words, build your vocabulary and progress naturally.
What is Inside This Book?
A frequency list of the most frequently used Swedish words, based on analysis of 20 gigabytes of Swedish subtitles, the equivalent of 80.000 books of 200 pages each; more than two large libraries worth of text.
A large base text collection is absolutely vital in order to establish a reliable general frequency list.
Subtitles have the advantage of corresponding both to written and spoken language. This makes subtitles the best method for creating a useful and practical word frequency list.
This Swedish to English frequency dictionary can roughly be divided in three parts.
- 2.500 Swedish words in ranked by general frequency
- Frequency ranking by part of speech (E.G, The most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc)
- 2.500 Swedish words in alphabetical order
The Swedish Frequency Dictionary - Intermediate Vocabulary gives you a practical word list to learn Swedish vocabulary. Study the most used words to rapidly gain a base vocabulary in Swedish.