Ghost Stories of Colorado (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 71 in the Ghost Stories series.
- #7: Ghost Stories of Michigan (Paperback): $14.95
- #18: Ghost Stories of America: Volume I (Paperback): $12.95
- #21: Ghost Stories of Pennsylvania (Paperback): $12.95
- #25: Haunted Highways: Ghost Stories and Strange Tales (Paperback): $12.95
- #28: Ghost Stories of the Old West (Paperback): $14.95
- #32: Ghost Stories of the Civil War (Paperback): $14.95
- #38: Ghost Stories of Florida (Paperback): $12.95
- #40: Haunted Battlefields (Ghost Stories #40) (Paperback): $12.95
- #60: Ghost Hunters of America: Real Stories of Paranormal Investigators (Ghost Stories #60) (Paperback): $12.95
- #65: Ghost Stories of Louisiana (Paperback): $12.95
- #68: Ghost Stories of Arizona and New Mexico (Paperback): $12.95
- #69: Ghost Stories of Virginia (Paperback): $12.95
- #72: Ghost Stories of Montana (Paperback): $12.95
The rich and rugged history of Colorado is filled with both spectacular successes and dashed dreams. It is a land of Native Americans, pioneers, miners, ranchers and soldiers. Against this backdrop Dan Asfar explores the ghosts, poltergeists and other residual spiritual inhabitants of the Centennial State: * The apparition of a bandit rides forevermore on a rugged trail in South Park, scouring the countryside for its missing head * Two brothers seek shelter form a storm in a haunted old ranch house in Coyote Gulch, where long ago a lonely traveler was murdered * In Georgetown, the spirit of a young Austrian is angry after being lynched without a trial for the mysterious murder of his boss, a temperamental butcher * Spirits haunt the banks of Sand Creek, where hundreds of Cheyenne and Arapaho were massacred by troops led by a man driven by his lust for power. * For anyone interested in peering into the edge of mystery, Ghost Stories of Colorado is sure to prove a chilling and unforgettable treat.
About the Author
Dan Asfar has written about the history of the Old West and also has published nine collections of regional ghost stories. Asfar, who has a university degree in history, has traveled extensively across North America and has visited Australia and Mexico in researching tales of the paranormal.