Beginning Android Development With Kotlin (Paperback)
In this book, we take you on a fun, hands-on and pragmatic journey to learning Android application development using Kotlin. You'll start building your first Android app from scratch within minutes. Every section is written in a bite-sized manner and straight to the point as I don't want to waste your time (and most certainly mine) on the content you don't need. In the end, you will have the skills to create an app and submit it to the app store.
In the course of this book, we will cover:
- Chapter 1: Introduction & BMI Calculator App
- Chapter 2: Quotes App Using RecyclerView
- Chapter 3: To Do List App Using RecyclerView & Shared Preferences
- Chapter 4: To Do List with Realm
- Chapter 5: Connecting to an API: Cryptocurrency Price Tracker
- Chapter 6: Connecting to GitHub API - Search GitHub Users App
- Chapter 7: Face Detection, Text Recognition with ML Kit
- Chapter 8: Publishing Our App on AppStore
The goal of this book is to teach you Android development in a manageable way without overwhelming you. We focus only on the essentials and cover the material in a hands-on practice manner for you to code along.
No previous knowledge of Android development or Kotlin required, but you should have basic programming knowledge. We will learn how to make Android apps while at the same time learning the Kotlin programming language.