Beginning Node.js, Express & MongoDB Development (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
In this book, we take you on a fun, hands-on and pragmatic journey to learning Node.js, Express and MongoDB development. You'll start building your first Node.js app within minutes. Every chapter is written in a bite-sized manner and straight to the point as I don't want to waste your time (and most certainly mine) on the content you don't need. In the end, you will have the skills to create a blog app and deploy it to the Internet.
In the course of this book, we will cover:
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Introduction to npm & Express
- Chapter 3: Beginning our Blog Project
- Chapter 4: Templating Engines
- Chapter 5: Introduction to MongoDB
- Chapter 6: Applying MongoDB to our Project
- Chapter 7: Uploading an Image with Express
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Express Middleware
- Chapter 9: Refactoring to MVC
- Chapter 10: User Registration
- Chapter 11: User Authentication with Express Sessions
- Chapter 12: Showing Validation Errors
- Chapter 13: Relating Post Collection with User Collection
- Chapter 14: Adding a WYSIWYG Editor
- Chapter 15: Using MongoDB Atlas
- Chapter 16: Deploying Web Apps on Heroku
The goal of this book is to teach you Node.js, Express and MongoDB development in a manageable way without overwhelming you. We focus only on the essentials and cover the material in a hands-on practice manner for you to code along.
About the Reader
No previous knowledge on Node.js development required, but you should have basic programming knowledge.
About the Author
Greg Lim is a technologist and author of several programming books. Greg has many years in teaching programming in tertiary institutions and he places special emphasis on learning by doing.