Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 2019 (Kobo eBook)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Understand the fundamentals of C# programming and get started with coding from ground up in an engaging and practical manner
- Beginner's guide to getting started with software development concepts from a macro level
- Leverage the power of the latest C# in solving the complex programming problems
- Learn to script and customize your 3D games and implement animation techniques to make them engaging
Learning to program in today’s technical landscape can be a daunting task, especially when faced with the sheer number of languages you have to choose from. Luckily, Learning C# with Unity 2019 removes the guesswork and starts you off on the path to becoming a confident, and competent, programmer using game development with Unity.
You’ll start off small by learning the building blocks of programming, from variables, methods, and conditional statements to classes and object-oriented systems. After you have the basics under your belt you’ll explore the Unity interface, creating C# scripts, and translating your newfound knowledge into simple game mechanics.
Throughout this journey, you’ll get hands-on experience with programming best practices and macro-level topics such as manager classes and flexible application architecture. By the end of the book, you’ll be familiar with intermediate C# topics like generics, delegates, and events, setting you up to take on projects of your own.
What you will learn
- Understand programming fundamentals with practice examples in C#
- Explore the interface and features of Unity 2019
- Learn C# programming syntax from scratch
- Create a game design document and prototype level
- Explore intermediate programming topics and best practices
- Implement game mechanics, interactions, and UI elements with C#
Who this book is for
The book caters to developers and programmers who want to get started with C# programming in a fun and engaging manner. Anyone who wants to build games and script in C# language and Unity can take this book up. No prior programming or Unity experience is required.