Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love, returns to fiction, telling an enthralling story of love, adventure and discovery. Spanning much of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the novel follows the fortunes of the extraordinary Whittaker family as led by the enterprising Henry Whittaker—a poor-born Englishman who makes a great fortune in the South American quinine trade, eventually becoming the richest man in Philadelphia. Henry's daughter, Alma (who inherits both her father's money and his mind), ultimately becomes a botanist of considerable gifts herself. As Alma's research takes her deeper into the mysteries of evolution, she falls in love with a man named Ambrose Pike who makes incomparable paintings of orchids and who draws her in the exact opposite direction—into the realm of the spiritual, the divine, and the magical.
Event Details (updated 10/3/13):
- This is a ticketed event. Lettered signing line tickets will be given with the Vroman's Bookstore purchase of The Signature of All Things ($28.95 + tax) and are now available, at Vroman's main store and Vroman's Hastings Ranch.
- For each purchased copy of The Signature of All Things, customers may bring up to three copies from home to be signed.
- This is a signing only. Elizabeth Gilbert will not be speaking.
- Tickets and books will be available the day of the event, while supplies last.
- The event begins at 4pm--- please be in line no later than 3:30pm. The line will form outside of the parking lot entrance to Vroman's main store. Guests should line up according to the group letter on their ticket.