The companion to Chelsea Clinton & Alexandra Boiger's #1 New York Times bestseller, She Persisted. Perfect for tiny activists, mini feminists and little kids who are ready to take on the world.
Women around the world have long dreamed big, even when they've been told their dreams didn't matter. They've spoken out, risen up and fought for what's right, even when they've been told to be quiet. Whether in science, the arts, sports or activism, women and girls throughout history have been determined to break barriers and change the status quo. They haven't let anyone get in their way and have helped us better understand our world and what's possible. In this companion book to She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World, Chelsea Clinton introduces readers to a group of thirteen incredible women who have shaped history all across the globe.
She Persisted Around the World is a book for everyone who has ever aimed high and been told to step down, for everyone who has ever raised their voice and been told to quiet down, and for everyone who has ever felt small, unimportant or unworthy.
This book features: Marie Curie, Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, Viola Desmond, Sissi Lima do Amor, Leymah Gbowee, Caroline Herschel, Wangari Maathai, Aisha Rateb, J.K. Rowling, Kate Sheppard, Yuan Yuan Tan, Mary Verghese and Malala Yousafzai. (Philomel Books)
Updated Event Guidelines & Information
- This is a signing ONLY.
- No line ups earlier than 1pm, however ticket holders must be in line by4:30pm for a prompt start at 6pm.
- Line placement is first come first served.
- We will be checking people in on the line and handing the ticket holder a book ticket. Please make sure to have your Eventbrite tickets printed for ease of check-in.
- Your book ticket will be turned in for one copy of She Persisted Around the World once your part of the line moves in. Present your book ticket to retrieve your copy.
- No saving places in line for other ticket holders or guests.
- To ensure we get through everyone in line, only books purchased in the store for this event will be signed. No books from home will be signed.
- Also, in order for us to get through everyone in line,No personalizations and no photos will be allowed.
- Your ticket allows up to three family membersin with youfor a total of 4 people.
- ONLY the ticket holder is allowed to have books to be signed, the family members may not have books with them.If a family member buys an extra book, it is the ticket holder who has to be holding the books to get them signed.
- There is a high chance of rain on Wednesday, please prepare accordingly and bring your umbrellas!
- There is no long term parking allowed in the Vroman's parking lot. There is street parking around the store as well as a few paid lots. Please make sure to read all signs before leaving your vehicle.
- Questions? Please call Vroman's at (626) 449-5320.