WE ARE COMPLETELY SOLD OUT
OF TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT!
Jimmy Carter, thirty-ninth President, Nobel Peace Prize winner, international humanitarian, fisherman, reflects on his full and happy life with pride, humor, and a few second thoughts. At ninety, Jimmy Carter reflects on his public and private life with a frankness that is disarming. He adds detail and emotion about his youth in rural Georgia that he described in his magnificent An Hour Before Daylight. He writes about racism and the isolation of the Carters. He describes the brutality of the hazing regimen at Annapolis, and how he nearly lost his life twice serving on submarines and his amazing interview with Admiral Rickover. He describes the profound influence his mother had on him, and how he admired his father even though he didn't emulate him. He admits that he decided to quit the Navy and later enter politics without consulting his wife, Rosalynn, and how appalled he is in retrospect. In A Full Life, Carter tells what he is proud of and what he might do differently. He discusses his regret at losing his re-election, but how he and Rosalynn pushed on and made a new life and second and third rewarding careers. He is frank about the presidents who have succeeded him, world leaders, and his passions for the causes he cares most about, particularly the condition of women and the deprived people of the developing world. This is a wise and moving look back from this remarkable man. Jimmy Carter has lived one of our great American lives--from rural obscurity to world fame, universal respect, and contentment. A Full Life is an extraordinary read. (Simon & Schuster)
This event is a book signing only. We are accepting phone and internet orders now. Tickets and books will be available for pick up the
afternoon of the book's release on July 7th.
Books and tickets not picked up prior to the event date can be picked up at Vroman's main store (695 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, 91101) the morning of the event.
Tickets cannot be shipped.
This will be a high security event so there will be
no exceptions to the event guidelines.
Please read through the guidelines carefully.
After reading the guidelines if you still have questions or concerns please don't hesitate to give us a call at 626-449-5320.
- President Carter will only sign books purchased at Vroman's Bookstore's main location (695 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, 91101)
- Each customer may only get up to two (2) books by President Jimmy Carter signed - one of which MUST be A Full Life: Reflections at Ninety. Customers will receive one line ticket with each Carter book purchased. Their line ticket will then be validated. Customers must show a validated line ticket for each book they want signed the night of the event. Only books with line tickets will be signed. Up to two (2) line tickets will be issued, one per book, to a customer.
- Customers will be allowed to bring two (2) people with them in line on their one ticket, but still only books with validated tickets will be signed.
- Vroman's will provide 1500 line tickets, which is the amount of books we anticipate President Carter being able to sign. Circumstances beyond his or our control may arise and cause him to not sign as many as expected.
- Vroman's Bookstore is unable to obtain signed books for those who cannot attend the signing on Thursday July 30th.
- President Carter will NOT be able to personalize or sign any memorabilia.
- We are accepting phone and internet orders now. If a customer is purchasing a copy of the book online they must include in the comments:
EVENT TICKET NEEDED. Internet and phone orders will be accepted up until close (9:00pm) on Wednesday July 29.
No online or phone orders will be accepted after that time.
- Tickets will be lettered and will be organized by the grouped letter. Customers MUST BE at Vroman's and in line no later than an hour and a half (4:30pm) before the start of the event or they will forfeit their place in line.
- Customers with canes, walkers or wheelchairs should arrive by 4:00pm. We will have seating available upstairs in the Children's Department.
- Posed photos and/or photos from the line will NOT be allowed. There will be a designated customer photo area where customers may take their pictures from after they have gotten their books signed, however in the interest in keeping the line moving customers will not be able to linger in the photo area.
- Additional President Jimmy Carter titles may be available and will be given a ticket is purchased for the signing. Remember customers are only allowed two books and two tickets for this event. President Carter is only able to sign 1500 books in the time alotted so we are monitoring that number carefully.