As you can imagine, the past few months have been the most difficult in our company’s 126-year history. Our foot traffic and sales are improving, but still down almost 40%, which will not keep us in business. If Vroman’s is to survive, sales must increase significantly from now through the holidays.
In short, we’re asking our community to return to shopping at Vroman’s – whether online with delivery or curbside pick-up, or in-person safely in our stores.
- * Shop online with curbside pickup or call us to place an order (due to a large volume of online orders, order processing is delayed and could take up to 3-5 weeks depending on if your items are in stock. If you are local and able, we encourage you to use our curbside pickup service)
- * Return to shop in our stores with our new health and safety measures in place, understanding that capacity must be limited to ensure social distancing (we experienced long lines this past weekend, with wait times in the 30/40 minute range. we apologize and appreciate everyone's patience as we maintain social distance guidelines to keep customers and staff safe)
- * Shop in-store on weekday mornings, rather than busy weekends or afternoons, to avoid waiting in line for long periods
- * Shop early before the December holiday crowds – the stores will be far less crowded in October and November
We also need your help to get the word out. Please reach out to your friends and contacts to share the following messages:
1) Vroman’s needs your support to stay in business
2) Please shop now for books, gifts, and gift cards with Vroman’s and encourage your friends and associates to do the same
3) Download the shareables below and help spread the word! Use the hashtag #ShopVromans and post on your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Don't forget to tag us! (Twitter: @vromans / Instagram: @vromansbookstore / Facebook: @vromansbookstore)
Other ways you can support Vroman's
- * Donate to the store directly here.
- * Order a Vroman's limited edition T-Shirt via our Bonfire Campaign
- * Prefer Audiobooks or E-books? Shop with our partners and make Vroman's your designated bookstore (and we'll receive a share of the sales!)
We first opened our doors in Pasadena in 1894, and we’re proud to play an important role in our community - Our customers and community are at the heart of all we do. There is no way we can adequately express to you our great appreciation for your loyalty and business. We are indebted to the many generations of customers who have made our 126-year legacy possible and we want to be here for you, for generations to come.
As we do all we can to ensure safety and convenience, we can’t wait to welcome you back. We truly appreciate your support during this critical time.
Right click the images below to copy/save the shareable and help spread the word!